android g1 usb debug

http://eddieringle.com/debugging-your-android-application-on-the-g1-or-any-android-device-in-ubuntu-904/

Debugging Your Android Application on the G1 (Or Any Android Device) in Ubuntu 9.04

I have a T-Mobile G1, did I tell you? Anyways, I became interested in developing with the G1, so I am currently in the process of relearning Java (which will also come in handy Sophmore year). I was reading through the pages on Android's Developer site when I came across a page that tells you how to debug your Android application on a physical device, rather than the emulator included in the SDK. I ran through the steps but I could not get Ubuntu to see my device. Then I figured it was some compatibility issue. After all, the latest Ubuntu version they had steps for was for Hardy. Their directions are as follows:

1. Login as root and create this file: /etc/udev/rules.d/50-
android.rules.
For Gusty/Hardy, edit the file to read:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4″, MODE="0666″
For Dapper, edit the file to read:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4″, MODE="0666″
2. Now execute:
chmod a+rx /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules

However, in Jaunty something has changed that causes this method to no longer work. After some searching around, I put together this method:

  1. Follow the above page's directions completely.
  2. Take the file you created, and add "SYMLINK+="android_adb"" as on of the arguments. The file should now look like:
    1
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666"
  3. Instead of the filename starting with fifty, use a higher number like fifty-one:
    1
    sudo mv /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
  4. Restart udev (kernel event manager) by using the command:
    1
    sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart


1. Login as root and create this file: /etc/udev/rules.d/50-
android.rules.
For Gusty/Hardy, edit the file to read:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4″, MODE="0666″
For Dapper, edit the file to read:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4″, MODE="0666″
2. Now execute:
chmod a+rx /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules

Comments